2 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a simple and quick dessert I like to make when I have guests coming over. I also like to have it once in a while as an afternoon snack when I am craving for something sweet.
1.5 cups of sugar
1.5 cups of milk
Just a pinch of salt
1.5 teaspoons of vanilla essence
1 tablespoon of ghee
- Set aside 1-2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Heat a saucepan with milk, cardamoms, sugar, bay leaves and pinch of sugar. Stir continuously until the milk thickens.
- Pour the milk through a sieve on the beaten egg.
- Beat the egg and milk mixture for a long time.
- Mix in the vanilla essence and stir well.
- In an ovenproof bowl, mix the sugar with the ghee. Heat in a micro-oven to make caramel.
- Pour the egg-milk mixture on to a caramelized pudding bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a lid.
- Cover, and cook for 3 1/2 minutes on full power in micro-oven, or until the pudding appears set when gently jiggled, and the top is sticky.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate