1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is a soft and crunchy dessert that will lift anyone's mood any time. It is delicious by itself.
1/3 cup softened shortening
1 cup butter
3 eggs-beaten well
1/4 cup of flour, sifted
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of cream cheese, beaten and softened with a fork
1/2 cup of sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon of food coloring
- Mix the softened shortening and 1/2 of the butter in a bowl. The mixture should become creamy.
- Add the beaten eggs, flour, salt and baking powder, while mixing continuously.
- Pour the vanilla essence and milk and continue to fold and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, rest of the butter, sugar and food coloring.
- Pour the flour batter in 2 greased 9 inch round baking pans. Bake at 200 degree F for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool and pour the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degree F. Check every now and then if the pie has been baked or not.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate