1 / 1 Photo by:
- 12-14 round slices of peeled faan kochu ( faan taro/yam)
- salt as needed
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 50 g of soybean oil
- 3 tablespoons of onion slices
- 1 tablespoon of mustard paste
- 1 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 4-5 green chilies
- Cover the round slices of faan kochu with salt and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Heat a frying pan with soybean oil and fry the kochu slices. Set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the onion slices until they turn golden brown.
- Add the mustard paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric and red chili powders and salt. Stir.
- Cook until the water released dries to form thick gravy with oil floating on top. Now add the fried kochu slices.
- When the kochu slices have mixed well with the slices, add the coconut milk. Cook until the coconut milk thickens and mixes well with the spices such that the oil starts to simmer on top again.
- Sprinkle the green chilies and serve with plain rice or pulao.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!