1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- salt as needed
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 cup of onion slices
- 4 cardamoms
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 100 g of soybean oil
- 1 kg of chicken slices
- water as needed
- 700 g of mankochu slices
- 4-5 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon of toasted and ground cumin
- Mix the turmeric and red chili powders, salt, ginger and garlic pastes, onion slices, cardamoms, cinnamon sticks, black pepper powder and soybean oil with the meat.
- Add the mixture to a saucepan and heat it. Pour in 1 cup of water and allow the meat to cook for just a little a bit. Cook until the water dries up to form a thick gravy with oil floating on top.
- Add the mankochu slices and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Pour in 2 cups of hot water and allow the meat and mankochu to cook completely.
- When the meat has become tender and the mankochu starts to float on top, add the green chilies and powdered cumin. Stir. The oil should also start to float too.
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes. Serve with plain rice or pulao.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!