1 / 1 Photo by:
Makes: 90 pieces
- 1 kg Ghee
- 1 kg Maida
- 1 kg Sugar, more if you like it sweet
- 4 cups water (more if dough and syrup need it)
- 1 kg Mawa (Khoya)
- 500 gms Badam, pista, kishmish, nariyal, cut into very small pieces and mixed
Prep:45min › Cook:25min › Extra time:10min soaking › Ready in:1hr20min
- Mix 250 grams ghee into maida, add water and knead, making a roti-type dough. Then, make small balls that fit into your palm. Roll each one out into the size of a puri.
- Make sugar syrup: Boil sugar in 3 cups water till the mixture has thickened highly.
- Now, mix mawa with badam, pista, elaichi and nariyal pieces. Stuff this mixture into half part of the 'puri'. Fold the other half of the puri on top of it. Twist the ends into traditional gujhiya pattern using hands or gujhiya making machine.
- In a deep kadhai, heat the rest of the ghee. Deep fry each gujhiya till its color is golden brown.
- Immerse gujhiyas in sugar syrup for 5-10 mins. Take care they don't get soggy. Serve.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!