1 / 1 Photo by: Prajakta_Karanjkar
- 4 cups rice ( except basmati rice)
- 2 cups udad dal or white lentils
- 2 tablespoons poha or flattened rice
- salt as needed
- soybean oil ( for greasing tawa, and frying ingredients)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 chopped onions (medium sized onions)
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi (turmeric powder)
- 2 boiled and peeled potatoes
Prep:4hr › Cook:10min › Extra time:8hr soaking › Ready in:12hr10min
- Soak the rice, dal and poha for 8 hours ( overnight). Drain the water out and grind the dal, poha and rice to make a fine paste. Keep the paste in a moist place for 4 hours( far from windows or fan) to allow it to get fermented. Mix in a pinch of salt after the paste is fermented.
- Heat a thick taw on medium flame. Grease it with 1 tablespoon of soybean oil. Spread a thin layer of the paste paste on tawa and cook it until it gets brown and crispy.
- Heat a separate pan with 2 teaspoons of soybean oil. Add add cumin seeds and onion slices. Fry the ingredients until the onions turn pink in color.
- Add green chillies, haldi (turmeric powder) and chopped boiled potatoes. Mix well and sprinkle salt.
- Spread the fried masala mixture on the crispy dosa and serve with a coconut chutney.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!