1 / 1 Photo by:
- 4 cups rice ( excluding basmati rice)
- 2 cups udad dal
- water as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- salt as needed
- 2 tablespoons soybean oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala
Prep:4hr › Cook:25min › Extra time:8hr soaking › Ready in:12hr25min
- Soak rice and dal for 8 hours. Drain some of the water out, and make a fine batter out of the rice, dal and water by first grinding the ingredients and then mixing well. Keep the batter in a moist place for 4 hours to allow it to get fermented.
- Then add soda and salt to the batter, and mix well.Put the batter in a greased idli maker and allow for steam cooking for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut the medium sized idles into 4 pieces.
- Heat a pan with soybean oil. Add cumin seeds, haldi and red chili powders. Stir and mix well, and add the cut idli slices. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Then sprinkle chat masala and again fry for 2 min.
- Serve with sambar and coconut chutney.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!