1 / 1 Photo by: Prajakta_Karanjkar
- 2 cups besan
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds
- 2 teaspoons haldi (turmeric) powder
- water as needed
- soybean oil for deep frying
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 3 boiled potatoes, peeled and chopped finely
- salt as needed
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Mix besan, carom seeds, 1 teaspoon of haldi and 4 tablespoons of water, a little by little, to make a thick batter.
- Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add cumin seeds, green chili paste, ginger garlic paste and rest of haldi powder. Stir and fry the ingredients until the cumin seeds turn a bit a dark brown in color. Do not over fry.
- Add the chopped boiled potatoes to the above mixture. Sprinkle salt, stir and mix well.
- Make medium size balls of the potato mixture.
- Heat a deep frying pan with 2 cups of soybean oil.
- Dip each ball in the besan batter and add to the hot oil. Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve with lightly toasted pav ( bread piece). Vada Pav is now ready!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!