1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is quite an interesting dish which consists of tempered dal, and on which crunchy diamond chaped bits of chapatti floats. This is delicious by itself.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coconut-garlic paste
1 tablespoon chopped tomatoes
2 teaspoons haldi powder
2 teaspoons red chilly powder
2 cups cooked tur dal
as needed Salt
2 cups wheat flour
1 cup water
- Heat a pan with vegetable oil, add cumin seeds and coconut garlic paste. Stir and then add tomatoes.
- Now add haldi powder and red chilly powder. Mix well.
- Add cooked tur dal with water. Mix well with salt. Cook until a slightly thick gravy forms. Set aside on low heat.
- Now make thick dough out of wheat flour, water and salt. Make chapattis out of it. Cut this chapati vertically and horizontally to make small squares or diamond shapes out of it.
- Bring the dal to simmer now.
- Carefully add those squares on to the tempered dal on low heat in one single layer. Pour a few drops of oil on top and cook for 5-8 minutes with the lid on.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate