Marathi Fish curry
- 2 cups boneless fish slices
- 2 teaspoons haldi powder
- 3 teaspoons red chili powder
- salt as needed
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 2 tej patta or bay leaves
- 2 green elaychi (s) or green cardamoms
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Mix the fish slices with 1 teaspoon each of haldi and red chili powders. Also add salt and keep aside.
- Meanwhile grind the grated coconut and onions grind in a mixture grinder.
- Heat a pan with vegetable oil. Add this coconut paste and ginger garlic paste. Stir and fry well.
- Now add tej pattas (bay leaves), green elaychis (cardamoms), red chili powder, haldi powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Now add fish and some water according to preferred gravy. Cook until the water dries up a bit and the fish meat becomes soft, and the masala has entered the fish well.
Nice food collection, Thanks for posting such useful recipes tips. If you want to post some guest post on www.marathi-unlimited.in Marathi recipes please contact us. Thanks and regards - 16 Jul 2013