Marathi Fish curry
This is a traditional way of cooking boneless fish in Maharashtra. It is slightly spicy, not very oily, and tastes great when served with steaming white rice.
66 people made this
2 cups boneless fish slices
2 teaspoons haldi powder
3 teaspoons red chili powder
salt as needed
2 tablespoons grated coconut
4 tablespoons chopped onions
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
2 teaspoons garam masala powder
2 tej patta or bay leaves
2 green elaychi (s) or green cardamoms
- Mix the fish slices with 1 teaspoon each of haldi and red chili powders. Also add salt and keep aside.
- Meanwhile grind the grated coconut and onions grind in a mixture grinder.
- Heat a pan with vegetable oil. Add this coconut paste and ginger garlic paste. Stir and fry well.
- Now add tej pattas (bay leaves), green elaychis (cardamoms), red chili powder, haldi powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Now add fish and some water according to preferred gravy. Cook until the water dries up a bit and the fish meat becomes soft, and the masala has entered the fish well.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 18.104.22.168