1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is a typical everyday afternoon snack made from mashed potatoes made into round balls and deep fried. Enjoy with chutney or sauce.
Makes: 10 vadas
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 chopped onions
1 teaspoon green chili paste
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
Salt as needed
1 teaspoon haldi powder
7 to 8 boiled, peeled and mashed potato
2 cups besan
½ cup water
1 teaspoon carom seeds
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat a pan with vegetable oil. Add cumin seeds and chopped onions.
- Fry for a bit and then add green chili and ginger garlic pastes, salt and haldi powder.
- Now potatoes, besan, water, carom seeds and lemon juice. Stir and mix well to make paste. Allow to cool down.
- Take a lump of the potato paste mix on your palm. Make a ball shape. Repeat to make more round shaped vadas.
- Heat a deep frying pan or kadhai with vegetable oil. Deep fry the batata or potato vadas.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate