1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is amati or daal made from moong. Enjoy this simple dish with rice and pickle.
2 cups green moong dal
water as needed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4 tablespoons chopped onions
2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons coconut and garlic paste
2 teaspoons red chili powder
1 teaspoon haldi powder
- Boil the moong dal in a pressure cooker with 3 cups of water for 15 minutes until the dal gets soft.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, onions and tomatoes.
- Fry until the onions get brown.
- Now add the coconut and garlic paste. Stir and add red chili powder, haldi powder and salt.
- Then add the moong and ½ cup water. Boil the mixture for 2 minutes. Serve with rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate