2 people made this
About this recipe:
Amrakhanda is a mango flavored curd that is definitely considered a healthy comfort food, that is similar to a smoothie or lassi. Enjoy chilled!
6 tablespoons mango pulp
4 cups thick curd
1/2 tablespoon warm milk
A pinch saffron
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon elaychi or cardamom powder
Few cubes of sweet mango for garnishing
Extra time:4hr other ›
- Strain the mango pulp to remove any strings.
- Add the curd on a muslin filter or a muslin cloth tied on a jar. Allow the excess water to drain off for 4 hours.
- Take the yoghurt or curd that has been drained from the excess water on the muslin filter on a bowl. Now in a cup, mix warm milk and saffron.
- Pour this saffron milk to the thick yoghurt. Add sugar and mango pulp. Mix it all together. Finally add elaychi powder and mix.
- Chill the amrakhanda in a fridge, and serve by garnishing with mango cubes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate