3 people made this
About this recipe:
These are round deep fried slices of a mix of besan and various kind of flours, seasoned with fenugreek leaves. Serve with chunteys.
1 tablespoon finely chopped methi or fenugreek leaves
2 tablespoons wheat flour
2 tablespoons bajara ( pearl millet)flour
1 tablespoon jawar( sorghum)flour
2 tablespoons besan
Salt as needed
1/2 teaspoon haldi powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon red chili powder
Water as needed
vegetable oil for deep frying
- Mix methi leaves and all the flours and besan together in a bowl. Now add salt, haldi powder, cumin powder and red chili powder. Mix and kneed into dough using water as required.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Roll out each portion into a round flat tortilla or roti like shape. Then roll from one end to the other. Repeat with the other portion.
- Place the rolls on a steamer for 10 minutes.
- Now cut the rolls cross wise into round pieces.
- Heat a deep frying pan or kadhai with vegetable oil. Deep fry the round pieces.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate