1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is a refreshing vegetarian dish of bhopla or bottle gourd, seasoned with typical Maharashtrian spices of cumin seeds, haldi and red chili powder. Enjoy with rice or chapatti.
2 tablespoons moong dal
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 teaspoons red chili powder
1/2 teaspoon haldi powder
2 cups chopped bhopala (bottle gourd)
Water as needed
Salt as needed
Extra time:1hr soaking ›
- Soak moong dal in water for 1 hour.
- Heat a pan with vegetable oil. Add cumin, red chili powder and haldi powder. Stir and mix.
- Now add moong dal and chopped bhopala.
- Then add 1/2 tablespoon of water and salt as needed.
- Cook until the dal gets soft.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate