3 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a Gujrati dish very popular in Maharashtra. It is made of spiced up besan baked into delicious cubes. Serve with tamarind chutney.
2 cups besan
1 cup curd
Salt as needed
1 teaspoon soda bi carbonate
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon haldi powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 to 3 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds or rai
Extra time:1hr setting ›
- Mix besan and curd. Set aside for an hour.
- Add salt, soda bicarbonate, lemon juice, haldi powder and sugar to the besan-curd mixture. Mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Keep the steamer ready on gas.
- Grease a baking dish (it should fit in the steamer or cooker).
- Now spread this mixture into the greased dish and steam it in the steamer for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and then cut the baked dish into cubes or dhokala.
- Heat a pan with vegetable oil. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and rai.
- Pour this hot oil mixture with the spices on the cut dhokala.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate