This is a great Maharashtrian snack that requires a bit of effort to make, but it is worth it since the snack can be stored for weeks. Enjoy it with warm chai.
1 person made this
3 cups besan
1 and ½ cups maida (all purpose flour)
2 teaspoons red chili powder
Salt as needed
½ tablespoon cumin seeds
½ tablespoon coriander powder
2 teaspoons cuscus (poppy seeds)
3 tablespoons grated coconut
½ teaspoon chopped ginger
½ teaspoon haldi powder
Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Make thick dough of besan, maida, 1 teaspoon of red chili powder and salt. Keep it aside.
- Make dough balls out the dough. Roll out each dough ball into chapattis.
- Now mix cumin seeds, coriander powder, cuscus, grated coconut, ginger and haldi powder together in a separate bowl.
- Then spread the filling on each chapatti. Roll the chapatti from one end to another. Repeat to make rolls.
- Now steam the rolls for 5 minutes.
- Cut the rolls into small round disks.
- Heat a deep frying pan or kadhai with vegetable oil. Deep fry the disks.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 22.214.171.124