1 person made this
About this recipe:
These are disk like pieces made from coriander leaves or kothimbir dipped in besan batter. Enjoy this true Maharashtrian dish with chutney.
1 cup freshly chopped coriander leaves
1 cup soaked chana dal in 2 cups of water for 4 hours
2 teaspoons green chili paste
1 teaspoon cumin powder
Salt as needed
2 tablespoons besan
Vegetable oil for deep frying
Extra time:4hr soaking ›
- Add coriander leaves, chana dal, green chili paste, salt and cumin powder in a mixture grinder.
- Grind these ingredients.
- Now add besan to the ground mixture. If the mixture has become too thin, you can add a bit more besan. Mix to make dough.
- Kneed the dough into a cylindrical roll.
- Now steam this dough for 10 minutes.
- Cut it into small pieces.
- Heat a deep frying pan with vegetable oil. Deep fry the cut pieces of the dough.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate