1 person made this
About this recipe:
Dahi aloo is a Navratri special dish that is made from potatoes and curd. It is a simple and healthy dish, that is beneficial after a day of fast. Enjoy.
9-10 medium sized aloos (potatoes), boiled and peeled
6 tablespoons desi ghee
½ teaspoon jeera or cumin seeds
1 tablespoon sendha namak or salt
4 cups dahi
3 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- Cut the potatoes in half if they are a bit small in size or in 4 quarters if medium sized.
- Heat a kadhai or deep frying pan with ghee.
- Add the jeera seeds. Stir and fry on low heat until the seeds turn brownish-make sure the seeds do not turn black.
- Add the aloo pieces. Stir and fry. Sprinkle salt and continue frying until the aloos turn slightly brown and are cooked completely.
- Pour the aloo on a bowl. Add the dahi and peanuts. Mix and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate