1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is a Holi special sweet item that is made from flour with a coconut filling. It can be stored for long time and is delicious by itself.
7 cups maida or all purpose flour
Salt as needed
Water as needed to make dough
1 kg khoya or dried milk
1 cup dried fruits
2.5 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup grated coconut
Desi ghee as needed for deep frying
- Mix dough with salt and water to kneed into dough. Set aside.
- Make dough balls and roll out each ball into round medium shaped tortillas or roti.
- In a bowl, mix the khoya, dried fruits, sugar and coconut.
- Place 1-2 spoonfuls of this mixture on to the center of the roti. Then cover the filling by lifting the roti from one side and placing on the other side to make a semi-circular shape.
- Then twist the semi-circulular end of this gujiya like twirls or braids. Repeat for the rest of the dough balls.
- Heat a kadhai with desi ghee. When the oil is hot, add the gujiya. Deep fry until golden brown.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate