4 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a delicious cutlet that is sweet and spicy. Serve with chutneys.
Soybean oil as needed
1 cup chopped onions
A pinch haldi or turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 tablespoon udid dal (white lentils)
2 cups boiled, peeled and mashed carrots
1/2 cup boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
1 teaspoon cornflour
2-4 teaspoons maida or all purpose flour to act as a binding agent
A tray of rawa or semolina for dusting the cutlets
- Heat a pan with 1 teaspoon of soybean oil. Add the onions, stir and add the haldi and red chilli powders. Stir and then add the white lentils.
- Keep stirring and frying until the onions turn pink-golden. Add the mashed potatoes and carrots. Stir and put the lid on.
- Cook on low heat until steam starts coming off from the sides of the lid. Allow to cool.
- In a cup mix the cornflour and maida. Mix with the fried mixture. Add more maida if needed to make sure it acts like a binding agent.
- Take one handful of the mixture and press into an oval shaped cutlet. Then roll the cutlet on a tray of rawa.
- Repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Heat a frying pan with soybean oil. Shallow fry the cutlets until dark orange-brown.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate