1 person made this
About this recipe:
It is a VERY spicy dish made from vatana and potato. It is delicious by itself.
2 cups vatana
1/2 teaspoon haldi or turmeric powder
Salt as needed
2 tablespoons soybean oil
2 onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander-cumin powder (o f 1:2 ratio)
2-3 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon chat masala powder
- Boil the vatana and potato with haldi and salt. Set aside to cool. Cube the potatoes and vatana.
- Heat a frying pan with oil. Fry the onions and tomatoes.
- Add red chilli powder, salt and vatana. Stir and add coriander-cumin powder.
- Now add the potatoes and ginger-garlic paste. Stir and add the curry leaves and ready made chat masala powder. Mix and fry.
- Serve with spicy and ambar-khajur chutneys and a few drops of fresh dahi. Do not add dahi if you are using tomatoes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate