4 people made this
About this recipe:
Muralis are crunchy white sugar coated sticks that are fabulous as snacks. These can be stored for long in air tight containers and are great with warm masal chai.
2.5 cups maida/all purpose flour
2.5 tablespoons milk powder
Water as needed
soybean oil for deep frying
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix flour, milk, baking powder and salt and water to make dough. Make 4 parts from the dough.
- Roll each part out with 1/2 inch thickness. Then cut the slab into finger long sticks.
- Heat a deep frying pan with soybean oil. Deep fry the sticks on medium heat. Make sure these do not turn red. Repeat for the rest of the dough parts.
- In a saucepan, mix 1 cup of water with sugar. Stir on medium heat to make thick syrup. Then add the fried sticks and sugar coat.
- Allow the sticks to cool. Store and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate