Aloo diye Shol Mach er Dopeyaja ( Shol fish with potatoes)
This is a delicious gravy dish of shol fish-a Bengali delicacy, with potatoes. Enjoy with steaming plain rice.
9 people made this
500 g shol fish, boneless and cubed
Salt as needed
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1-1.5 cups soybean oil
1.5 cups onion cubes
250 g aloo/potatoes, cubed
1 tablespoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
5-7 green chillies, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
Extra time:10min marinating ›
- Mix the fish cubes with salt and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan with 1/2 cup of oil. Add the fish pieces. Stir and fry until brown. Set aside the fried fish.
- Now pour the rest of the oil on the same pan. Add the onion and potato cubes.
- Add salt. Stir. When the onions turn brown, add turmeric, red chilli and coriander powder. When the onions and potatoes turn browner, add the fish cubes.
- Add 1 cup of water. Add the green chillies and coriander leaves. Mix and put the lid on.
- Cook on low heat for 10-12 minutes. Stir and you will see the oil has surfaced on top and the water dried up.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 184.108.40.206