1 person made this
About this recipe:
Chana pulao is a must item for any celebrations, like weddings or parties. It is a traditional dessert item, and is made from flour and chana.
1 cup chana
1/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons ghee
1/2 cup mawa
1/8 teaspoon yellow food coloring
1/8 teaspoon orange food coloring
Ghee-as needed for frying
- Mash the chana with hand. Mix the chana with flour, ghee and mawa.
- Divide the chana in 2 parts. Mix in yellow food coloring in one part, and orange in another.
- Pour one part on a sieve made to make chana pulao-it has sieve holes shaped for pulao grains.
- Sieve the portion and allow the puloa or grains to fall on a plate.
- Repeat for the second part.In a deep frying pan, heat ghee. Fry the pulao grains.
- Finally sieve through sugar syrup. Serve the sugar coated pulao grains with malai sweets.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate