1 person made this
About this recipe:
Shogar Bhog is a traditional sweet in the Bengal. It is made from flour and milk based ingredients.
Makes: 18 sweets
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon ghee
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons semolina/sujee
1 tablespoon powdered milk
1 cup chana
2.5 cups sugar
2 cups milk kheer
A tray of mawa for dusting
Extra time:4hr soaking ›
- Mix flour, ghee and baking powder to make dough. Mix in semolina, powdered milk and chana with the dough.
- Divide the dough into 16-18 parts. Make small balls and press each ball into an oval shape.
- Make sugar syrup with water and sugar.
Add these balls to sugar syrup in a saucepan. Turn on heat.
- Soak the balls for 20 minutes with lid on at low heat.
- After 20 minutes, take the saucepan off the heat, and set aside with lid on for 25 minutes. Soak for 4 hours.
- Then transfer the balls on to paper towels. Allow to dry.
- Make an indent in each ball, fill it up with milk kheer and cover the indent. Dust the balls with mawa and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate