3 people made this
About this recipe:
Chana is the first thing that comes to any Bengali's mind when talking about desserts. It is also an essential food item as so many other desserts are made using chana.
2 litres fresh milk
2 cups chana pani/ sour whey
Extra time:2hr drying ›
- Heat milk in a saucepan. Stir regularly. When bubbles start to form, immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- After 5-7 minutes, mix in chana pani/sour whey. Stir till the milk curdles and then let stand for 20 minutes on muslin cloth filter.
- When the water has drained out, transfer the chana onto another muslin cloth filter, and squeeze out all the liquid.
- Spread the cream like chana that has formed on a big plate. Allow it to sit on a table in regular temperature. The air will dry out the excess water.
- After a few hours, you can mould the chana into different shapes and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate