1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is the tangy version of the south indian traditional rasam. Easy to make and refreshing to have!
2 medium size tomato
1/2 tsp asafoetida/hing
2 tsp rasam powder
salt to taste
2 (can vary with its tanginess) lemon
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp jeera
1 green chilly
1 tsp ginger
ghee for seasoning
- take a large heating vessal and boil the tomatoes
- add the rasam powder, green chilly, salt, hing and corriander and continue to boil for 2 min
- add the ginger (grated) and let it boil till it froths .
- switch the flame off
- take a frying pan and temper the mustard seeds followed by jeera
- add it to the rasam
- now squeeze the lemon juice to the mixture ad mix it well
- add some fresh coriander for garnishing and have hot!
do not heat the rasam after adding lemon .
Write a review
Click on stars to rate