1 / 1 Photo by:
Serves : 4
- 1 cup besan
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water (approximately)
Prep:5min › Cook:30min › Ready in:35min
- Heat water and milk in a pan. Stir in cardamom powder. Set aside.
- Heat ghee in a shallow frying pan. Add besan and roast in the ghee for 10 minutes, or until it smells nutty and fragrant.
- Add the sugar and stir. Pour in the milk mixture gradually. Keep stirring to avoid lumps. Add water as needed. Cook the mixture for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring frequently till the halwa pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Serve hot, or spread the mixture into a rimmed plate and allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!