1 person made this
About this recipe:
Healthy snack. Especially kids who doesn't like to eat beetroot will surely like this. When i tried for the first time and it came out very well my family members liked it.
2 nos. (peeled and grated) beetroot (medium size)
1 1/2 cup (run the roasted gram in mixer to make it powder) roasted gram (Pottukadalai) powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
3 tablspoons red chilli powder (add more if you want it more spicy)
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp oil and add grated beetroot and fry until raw smell goes away.
- Now add red chilli powder, garam masala, salt and mix well.
- Transfer the beetroot stuffing to a bowl and add roasted gram powder little by little, then mix well.
- Make the beetroot mixture into small lemon sized balls and put aside.
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan, now put beetroot balls one by one in oil and keep on low heat, don't stir immediately as it may tend to break.
- After 1 to 2 mins, stir the balls so that it will get cooked on the other side.
- Place a kitchen tissue on a plate and transfer the fried beetroot balls on it. Now yummy appetizing beetroot balls is ready. Serve hot with tomato ketchup to your kids and mint chutney to elder one.
Dont add besan flour instead of roasted gram flour. Roasted gram flour is protein rich and also it doesn't absorbs more oil like besan flour
Write a review
Click on stars to rate