Matar Paneer without onion garlic
24 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a swift and easy recipe, takes only a few minutes to prepare and cook
200g Malai Paneer, cut into 0.5 inch cubes
50g shelled peas
1 tbsp white oil
1 tsp ghee
1.5 tsp red chilli powder
salt to taste
150 ml water(approx 1 cup)
- Deseed the tomatoes and peel the ginger. Put the tomatoes and ginger in a grinder and make a smooth paste.
- In a wok, heat the oil, and add the ghee. When the ghee is melted, add a pinch of salt and stir.
- Add the paneer and fry a little till the edges are brown. Keep turning so that the cubes are evenly browned. Keep the heat low so that these don't burn.
- Remove the paneer from the wok. In the remaining oil, add the paste prepared in step 1. Stir fry till the mixture starts to separate from oil.
- Add the peas and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the fried paneer cubes and coat these evenly with the mixture. check and adjust seasoning.
- Heat the water in a separate pan. When it starts to boil, add to the wok. Let it simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Let the curry stand for 10 minutes so that the gravy is absorbed by the paneer. The dish goes well with rice or rotis. Mustard of Cumin seeds can be used for tempering before frying the paste.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate