1 / 1 Photo by: Rhianna
- 6 cups milk (cow's milk is preferred)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- ½ teaspoon cardamom (elaichi) powder
Prep:5min › Cook:35min › Extra time:25min chilling › Ready in:1hr5min
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan till it starts foaming. Add lime juice and stir. It will curdle right away. You should see the milk solids (chenna) separate from the whey. Pour the chenna into a colander lined with muslin cloth. Rinse the chenna with water to get rid of the line juice. Let the water drain.
- In the meantime, heat water in a pressure cooker and add sugar. Boil till sugar completely dissolves.
- Gather the muslin cloth edges like a parcel and squeeze out as much water as possible. You will have soft paneer now. Turn out the paneer onto a rolling mat or other smooth surface. Knead the paneer well to make a smooth paste. Roll into a ball and divide the paneer into 20 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a smooth ball between your palms. Make sure there are no cracks. When all the balls are made, drop them gently into the hot syrup. Put the cooker lid on and bring to pressure. Reduce heat to simmer and pressure cook for 6 minutes.
- Release the pressure under running water. Open the cooker lid. The rasgullas should be floating on top of the syrup and should have expanded 2 – 3 times in size. Transfer the rasgullas and syrup into a bowl. Add cardamom powder, stir gently. Refrigerate till properly chilled. Serve cold.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!