Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
Wonderful for picky eaters to get some vitamin rich pumpkin in. Healthy and delicious, a great soup for any time of the year!
6 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 onion, chopped
4 cups pumpkin puree
500g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
500ml chicken stock
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup cream
5 whole black peppercorns
- Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute onion until soft. Add all remaining ingredients except cream. Heat until boiling and then simmer until pumpkin is tender.
- Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.
- Blend in saucepan with hand-held blender. Stir in cream and serve. If necessary, reheat without boiling.
- Return to pan, and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir in cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate