17 people made this
About this recipe:
A wildly popular dessert that‘s found at any Rajasthani wedding and at sawan ki teej. It’s best had with warm milk.
1 cup water
2 cup sugar
1/2 cup ghee (solidified)
2 cup maida
2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
A pinch saffron
1/4 teaspoon yellow food color
ghee for frying
- For syrup: Heat sugar and water together in a pan. Boil it till 1 thread consistency.
- To check single thread consistency: put a drop of sugar syrup on your thumb and touch drop with forefinger. When you pull both the fingers apart, a single thread of syrup should form without breaking
- For ghevar: In a large round bowl, take solidified ghee and churn/whisk it till it turns white.
- Soak saffron in 1 tablespoon of milk. Add maida, then water and milk to the mixture. Adding saffron and yellow color to mixture will make it light yellow in color. Avoid any lump in the mixture.
- Heat ghee in a deep pan. Slowly pour the above mixture into the center of pan. The mixture will sink down first and then start collecting on the side of pan.
- Once all the mixture is poured into the pan, lower down the heat to medium high. Let it cook till light brown.
- Take it out and keep it on paper towel, so that excess ghee will drain out.
- Dip it in sugar syrup and remove it .Garnish it with dry fruits and cardamom powder.
This is one of my favorite sweet. Good to see the recipe...seems to be very easy.
- 04 Jun 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate