1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes
- 3 green capsicum peppers, deseeded and halved
- 3 red capsicum peppers, deseeded and halved
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 6 fresh mackerel fillets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and black pepper
Prep:5min › Cook:55min › Extra time:1hr cooling › Ready in:2hr
- Roast the peppers on the fire or in an oven. For fire method, see this: http://allrecipes.co.in/recipe/1583/roasted-capsicum-salad.aspx For oven, preheat the oven to 200 C. Place the peppers, garlic and onion in a tin. Drizzle with a tablespoon of oil and roast for 45 minutes. Place the peppers in a bowl, cover with a chhalni and leave to cool. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into strips.
- Place the mackerel fillets on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked. Leave to cool.
- Place the mackerel, peppers, garlic and onions into a large bowl. Add the bay leaf and remaining oil and season. Refrigerate for an hour until ready to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!