1 / 1
4 people made this
About this recipe:
Individual cakes bursting with raisins and sweet spices. They make a great food gift as they will keep for a while in an airtight tin.
450g packet ready-made puff pastry or use homemade pastry recipe
60g caster sugar
30g chopped mixed citrus peel
half teaspoon each of nutmeg and allspice
1 egg white, beaten
2 tablespoons caster sugar for sprinkling
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and butter. Cook over medium heat until melted.
- Add currants, mixed peel, nutmeg and allspice. Continue to cook until heated through. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry and cut into 4 inch rounds.
- Place a small spoonful of filling onto centre of each pastry circle, draw the edges together over the fruit and pinch to seal. Turn over, then press gently with a rolling pin.
- Make a small hole or 2 small slash marks in the centre of each pastry bun. Brush with beaten egg white, and sprinkle with sugar. Arrange on baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate