20 people made this
About this recipe:
"Stovies" are traditionally made with leftover roast beef, potatoes and onions. But by using corned beef - it makes this doable anytime!
6 large potatoes
2 small or 1 large onion
50g tablespoons of butter
1 (200g) tin corned beef
- Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes. Place in a medium-sized pot and cover with milk. Heat until boiling then bring to a simmer.
- While potatoes are simmering, chop onion roughly and fry in butter until brown and crispy.
- Slice corned beef into medium chunks.
- Set aside until milk and potatoes cook down into a kind of starchy soup, but with soft lumps of potato in.
- Mix in onion and corned beef, allowing all flavours to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with oatcakes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate