Spicy Carrot Soup
1 / 1
31 people made this
About this recipe:
Carrots cooked with dhania, cream and lots of mirchi. Yummy, quick and easy to make!
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 large onions, chopped
5 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 big red chilli, finely chopped (include seeds)
400g tomatoes, with juice
250ml vegetable stock
1 bunch chopped fresh coriander
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tsp caster sugar
1 tablespoon spicy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onions, carrots, garlic and chilli pepper until tender.
- Mix in tomatoes, vegetable stock, 1/2 the coriander, balsamic vinegar, sugar, spicy and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup in batches to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Return to the pot, and continue cooking until heated through.
- Remove soup from heat, and stir in the cream. Finely chop the remaining coriander, and mix into the soup before serving.
- For a nice presentation, swirl some cream in a circle add a couple of whole coriander leaves to the centre of the soup.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate