1 / 1 Photo by: mommyluvs2cook
Spicy Carrot Soup
Serves : 8
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 big red chilli, finely chopped (include seeds)
- 400g tomatoes, with juice
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 bunch chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250ml cream
Prep:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onions, carrots, garlic and chilli pepper until tender.
- Mix in tomatoes, vegetable stock, 1/2 the coriander, balsamic vinegar, sugar, spicy and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup in batches to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Return to the pot, and continue cooking until heated through.
- Remove soup from heat, and stir in the cream. Finely chop the remaining coriander, and mix into the soup before serving.
- For a nice presentation, swirl some cream in a circle add a couple of whole coriander leaves to the centre of the soup.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!