1 / 1
4 people made this
About this recipe:
Not for kids, this cake uses cognac and raisins soaked in rum! Yum!
100g caster sugar
3 eggs, slightly beaten
3 - 4 tablespoons whisky
6 tablespoons cognac
1 pinch of ground ginger
2 tablespoons chopped crystallised ginger
100g raisins, soaked in 3 tablespoons of rum
500g self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C / gas mark 3. Grease a 23cm/9 inch round cake tin.
- Cream lard, butter and sugar together until smooth using electric beaters.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add whisky, cognac, ground ginger, candied ginger and rum soaked raisins.
- Stir in flour gradually until well mixed.
- Poyr into cake tin and bake in pre heated oven for 45min - 1hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 2 hours before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate