1 / 1
9 people made this
About this recipe:
An easy batter of atta, raisins and nutmeg, cooked on a tawa into a 'cake'. These traditional Welsh pancakes are a real treat for children coming home from school.
300g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg (or allspice)
1/8 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
- In large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, sugar, nutmeg & salt. Mix well.
- Cut in butter & blend into dry ingredients until the mixture appears like coarse breadcrumbs. Add rasins, beaten eggs & milk; mix into soft dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface, roll out gently (will be a soft dough) to about 1/2cm thick. Cut out pancakes using a 6cm cutter.
- Heat a heavy non-stick frying pan to medium heat.
- Lightly grease pan with butter.
- Place cakes allow to cook for 2 -3 minutes or until golden. Flip over to cook the other side.
- You can add a sprinkle of sugar at this point, if desired. Place on plate to cool and serve warm.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate