1 / 1
6 people made this
About this recipe:
Easy and hearty meat dish, seasoned with degi mirch. Serve with rice.
1 red onion, finely sliced
2 tsp oil
Salt & pepper
400g chopped tomatoes
15 -20 dried red chillies chopped
315g beef steaks (2 steaks)
1 tbsp paprika or degi mirch
Water if needed
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan and sear the steaks.
- Remove from pan and season well.
- Wipe the pan with a piece of kitchen towel and heat the remaining oil.
- Fry the onion until the edges are slightly blackened.
- Add the chillies and stir.
- Add the tomatoes and stir.
- Turn the heat down to it's lowest setting, slice the steak into thick strips and add to the pan. Sprinkle over the paprika.
- Cover and simmer for 1 - 2 hours, adding water if necessary, until sauce has thickened to your liking.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate