1 person made this
About this recipe:
A simple, easy, brioche style bread.
350g plain flour
1 tablespoon dried active baking yeast
3 tablespoon caster sugar
3 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together half of the flour and the yeast; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat and stir the milk, sugar, butter and salt just until warm and butter has almost melted.
- Add to flour mixture. Then add the eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl. Then beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Using a spoon, stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
- Knead until smooth, then cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size -about 1 hour.
- Knead the dough again and shape into a round loaf. Place on a greased baking tray. Cover and let rise in warm place until almost double in size again, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove bread from pan, serve warm or cool.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate