4 people made this
About this recipe:
A simple pudding, served best with warm custard. To vary flavours, add lemon zest or honey or dried fruit.
115g caster or soft brown sugar
170g plain flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons milk
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy and almost white.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs, mixing vigorously.
- Seive the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Gradually incorporate the flour into the mixture as lightly as possible, keeping to a dropping consistency by adding a little milk.
- Place in a greased 1.2 litre pudding bowl, and cover with greaseproof paper and secure with string.
- Place basin in a large pot or in a steamer insert of a stock pot, and fill with water until 2/3's of the pudding bowl is covered with water.
- Cover pot and steam the pudding for 1 - 1 1/2 hours - checking every so often to see if water needs topped up.
- Remove from pot, take off paper and run a spatula around the edge of the bowl to release the pudding.
- Serve with custard.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate