15 people made this
About this recipe:
The classic flavours of pork, red wine, mushrooms and cream taste so good with plain boiled basmati and a salad.
1 tbsp oil
400g pork fillets, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
salt and freshly ground pepper
250ml red wine
250g mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon plain flour
284ml double cream
Extra time:30min ›
- Preheat an oven to 160 degrees C.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a pot and brown the pork in batches. Remove from the pan.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Return the pork (and any collected juices), season with salt and pepper and add the red wine.
- Cover and cook in a preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 15 mins.
- Meanwhile mix the flour and cream together. Remove casserole from oven and stir in the cream mixture. Stir until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate