- For Gattey: Mix all the dry ingredients, add oil/ghee and mix it well. Knead it into stiff dough. Divide into 6-7 equal parts and roll it in ¼ inches diameter cylinders.
- Boil water in a pan, put the gatte in it. Let it boil for 5 min. Strain it and cut gatte into ½ inch long pieces.
- For Curry: Add chilli powder, dhaniya powder, turmeric powder, gram flour to curd. Make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add hing and jeera to it. When jeera crackles, add the curd paste to it.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add water and stir it continuously. Simmer for 5 minutes and then add gatte. Garnish it with methi leaves, serve hot.
Use next day
Add some sauted onions,salt and water,bring it to boil.Add rice init and cook it till rice is done,rajasthani guttey ka pulav is ready.
Make in advance
You can make guttey in advance and keep it freezer.I always keep it ,just make curry and a delicious dish is ready.