4 people made this
About this recipe:
Simple, easy pasta seasoned with thyme, oregano, rosemary and a little port.
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
250g white mushrooms, sliced
250g brown mushrooms, sliced
2 medium turai, thinly sliced
400g whole tomatoes
500g packet pasta
A huge bunch of fresh basil
A few sprigs of fresh thyme
A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pot and cook the onions over a medium heat until golden brown. Add the garlic, mushrooms and turai; cook until soft.
- Pour in tomatoes and cut them up roughly in the saucepan with wooden spoon. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add herbs, Worcestershire sauce and port.
- Leave to simmer for 45 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- After half an hour, bring 2 litres of lightly salted water to a boil. When boiling, add the fresh pasta and cook uncovered for 2-3 min.
- Drain pasta and serve hot, covered with vegetarian sauce. Leave large bowl of freshly roughly grated parmesan on table for people to sprinkle on top.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate