4 people made this
About this recipe:
A delicious meringue dessert with a soft chewy toffee centre - topped with lightly whipped vanilla flavoured cream.
4 egg whites
8 tablespoons caster sugar
1 (397g) tin sweetened condensed milk
284ml whipping cream
1 dried vanilla pod
Grated dark or milk chocolate, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees C. Cover a baking tray with a sheet of foil.
- In a large, very clean bowl, whip egg whites until fluffy.
- Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
- When thick and glossy, spoon the meringue mixture on to the prepared baking sheet, forming a circle about 8 inches (20 cm) wide.
- Bake for one to one and a half hours. Set aside to cool.
- Place condensed milk into microwave bowl, heat on full power stirring every minute until thick and drops off the spoon like runny toffee. Leave to cool.
- Whip the cream and stir in seeds from vanilla pod.
- When pavlova has cooled, pour over toffee, top with vanilla-cream and decorate with grated chocolate.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate