1. Boil 250 grams or 3 to 4 medium potatoes in a pressure cooker until they become tender. Care should be taken to see that they are cooked completely. Then these are peeled and chopped.
Take a small pan and heat ½ tbsp. of ghee or peanut oil in it. The peanut oil is specifically used as this preparation is a fasting food. If it is not being made for the fasting purpose then any oil can be used over a low flame. Add 1.5 tsp cumin seeds and allow them to splutter changing their color.
3. Add 1 or 2 chopped green chilies, and sauté them for about a minute
4. Next add the chopped potatoes and stir them very well.
5. Add salt as required and then stir again.
6. Next add about 3 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
7. Finally don’t forget to switch off the flame and add then add ¼ to ½ tsp of lemon juice. Add it in accordance to your taste. Stir very well. You can also add dry pomegranate seeds powder (anardana powder) or dry mango powder (amchur) or instead of lemon juice.
Serve it in an elegant MyBorosil Serving Plate the wel prepared vrat ke jeera aloo accompanied with rajgira pooris or parathas along with plain curd.