About this recipe:A pinch of pickle with your main course meal or with a light evening snack can be quite lip-smacking. Not only does it add taste to the food but also increases appetite. Moreover, researches have also revealed that condiment actually helps in process of digestion. So, here’s a recipe guide on how to make Mango Achaar. It has a mixed taste, one will find sweet, sour and spicy elements in the achaar.
1. To start with the Mango Achaar Recipe (Spicy Raw Mango Pickle), wash the mangoes and dry them completely. Ensure that there’s no dust or moisture. You should also make sure that your knife and the platform you use for cutting the mangoes is clean and free from moisture. Cut the mangoes in half, deseed and further cut them into one inch cubes
2. In a mid-sized bowl, mix turmeric powder, salt, and cut mangoes. Keep it marinated overnight or for at least 8 hours until the mangoes release a considerable amount of water.
3. Drain the water and keep it aside. Make the mangoes dry on paper towels for about 8 hours or overnight, so they lose the excess moisture.
4. Heat a pan on simmer, and then roast the coriander seeds until you get the aroma. Turn off the gas oven and cool it. When cooled, use a pestle and mortar to coarsely crush the coriander seeds to half.
5. In a large bowl, combine the mangoes, the remaining salt and all the other ingredients but not the oil.
6. Fill the above mango mixture into a bottle and fix the lid tight. Keep it aside covered for 24 hours
7. Now heat the oil in a saucepan and get it to boiling point. Once it comes to a boiling point, allow it to cool completely while covered. Once cooled you should add the cooled oil to the bottled mango pickle mixture.
8. Usually, it takes and approximate time of two to three weeks for the Mango Achaar to marinate itself and get the flavors from the masala. Best flavor and tenderness in the pickle comes only when it has marinated for as long as 2 months. The pickle can be had almost immediately as well, if you like the taste of fresh mangoes.
Buy Borosil Serving plates to add ease to the preparing process. Moreover it also looks great when Achaar is served in glass serving plates.