10 people made this
About this recipe:
A creamy, eggy pasta dish. I ate this this Italian favourite in a little restaurant in Rome and I hope you'll also love it.
1 (500g) pack spaghetti
4 teaspoons olive oil
100g of pancetta (or smoked bacon)
8 tablespoons white wine
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
8 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter
black pepper to taste
a little grated nutmeg
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 handfuls of frozen peas
- Cook pasta in the boiling water until al dente, adding the peas to the pasta during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, cut rind off pancetta (or bacon) and fry in the oil. Then add the rest of the pancetta and fry until crispy. Add the wine and garlic and let it bubble away. Remove from heat.
- Beat together the eggs, egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, pepper and nutmeg.
- Drain pasta and peas, put bacon mixture back on the heat with the butter, then when it is nice and glossy add drained pasta and peas.
- Remove from the heat (this is very important or your eggs will curdle). Add egg mixture and work it through the pasta. The heat from the hot pasta is enough to cook the eggs.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate